It's the start of a new month, you can defiantly feel it in the weather around here, its staying sunny outside longer and when I take Nicole on a stroll, I am sweating at the end! I hope everyone has a great May filled with happiness, there is a special holiday coming up this weekend for Mother's, but I know for some it can be a holiday of dread. Perhaps due to losing their own mother or longing to be a mother and it has not happened. My heart goes out to those with a fragile heart this time of year.
We did a really fun movie night, if you remember last week I posted this dessert to give you a clue on what movie we were watching...
If you guessed 101 Dalmatians you are correct! And boy was the dessert a good one, easy, cheap and no baking required! Here is the dessert if you want to give it a try:
- 1 (15.35 ounce) package Double-Stuffed Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (3.9 ounce, each) Instant Chocolate pudding mix
- 3 1/4 cups cold milk
- 2 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip
- 1 (8 ounce) block Cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Take a large zip-lock bag and place all the Oreo cookies inside. Seal bag shut and place on counter. Using a rolling pin, crush the cookies until they are small chunks/crumbs. You want them to still be chunky and small, but not fine crumbs.
- Set aside half of the cookie crumbs for the topping. Pour the other half of cookie crumbs into a 9×13 baking pan. Pour the melted butter over the crumbs and mix well to combine. Once combined, press into the pan to form a crust.
- In a bowl, whisk together the 2 pudding mixes and milk. Cover and place in fridge to set.
- In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add in the powdered sugar. Fold in one container of Cool Whip. Spread mixture over the cookie crust. Next, take chocolate pudding and spread over the cream cheese mixture. Spread the other container of Cool Whip over the chocolate pudding layer. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cookie crumbs. Cover and chill in fridge at least 2 hours before serving.
- Enjoy ♥
To go with the dalmatian theme, I picked up a pizza from Big Pie In The Sky with black olives, Taylor and I love these!
Caught ya!! Who can resist some cool whip and Oreo's though, not me!!
Movie nights with my family are so much fun, its a great way to relax and bring in the weekend. I used my dog bone cookie cutter on a grilled cheese.
Ready for the movie to start!
Where is my pizza Mom?!