I hope everyone had a great time celebrating Cinco de Mayo, who doesn't love a good reason to indulge in chips, cheese dip, guacamole and everything fiesta yummy! Going out to eat is tons of fun, but with 2 kids its very stressful so we had our own party at home complete with a sombrero!
Ready to party! My husband came out dancing to some Mexican music and the girls loved it! Me too!
I picked up some ready made Hispanic food at the store so the prep was pretty easy.
I got some ready made rolled up chicken tacos from the freezer, cheese dip and my husband made some guacamole and creme, so good!
I found this cheese dip where the cream cheese and deli cheese is at Walmart, just pop it in the microwave and enjoy!
This might be the ugliest picture I have posted on this blog, but its the yummy Mexican Casserole we had last night, its super easy to prepare and delish!!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, drained
- 3 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef until no longer pink. Stir in salsa, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in beans, and heat through.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread crushed tortilla chips in dish, and then spoon beef mixture over chips. Spread sour cream over beef, and sprinkle olives, green onion, and tomato over the sour cream. Top with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
I also picked up these drinks in the international section, they taste just like Fanta Orange, very good!
Where are the chips and dip Mommy?!
What are you wearing Mom???
Isn't this rose beautiful, a sweet coworker of mine was handing them out to all the Mom's. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend & a special Happy Mother's Day. I am so thankful for my own Mother, she has been there for me every step of the way cheering me on with love and support, even when I mess up. She is a blessing and a role model in my life XOXO