Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A salad with no lettuce

For our first meal on the updated patio I wanted to do something easy, yummy and good for warm weather. I saw a blog post for different summer salads and this one caught my eye, cause it has all the yummy toppings I love with no lettuce...SCORE! Even my hubby said it was one of the best meals I have cooked! Its super easy and not to expensive, here is what you will need:
Antipasto Panzanella Salad
-3 tbsp. olive oil
-1 load of Italian Bread (I got mine at Walmart for $1.oo)
-1 tsp. salt
-3 Roma tomatoes, cut into chunks
-1 cucumber, sliced and peeled
-1 tbsp. basil leaves
-3 oz. hard salami, they come pre-sliced
-3 oz. pepperoni, they come pre-sliced
-1/2 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
-8 oz of mozzarella cheese balls
-2 tbsp. olives (black or green)
 
Instructions
-Heat the olive oil in a large skillet of medium heat. Add the bread cubed and salted. Toast the break cubes. tossing ans stirring until they are nicely browned.

-Add the tomatoes, cucumber, basil into the bowl with the bread cubes. Toss to combine.

-Add the salami, pepperoni and salad dressing. Toss well to make sure the dressing is evenly incorporated.

-Transfer into a serving dish and garnish with mozzarella and olives. Enjoy!!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment