Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Easter Decorations

Happy Holy Week! It feels like I just posted a blog on my St. Patrick's Day decorations and now its time for Easter/Spring decor (even though we had freeze warning last night in GA). I am slowly growing my Easter decorations, I hope to one day get an Easter tree but for now here are some things I put around the house celebrating all things Easter, HOP, HOP!
The true reason for the Easter holiday has meaning in the cross. I love this door hanger I got on Etsy last year, it says He Is Risen and beautiful, spring colored flowers around it.
I have 4 different seasonal print off's I change with each new season. My last winter one was a quote from Frozen, this just says Happy Spring but I love the soft pastel colors.
I found this cute bunny garland for the mantel on Oriental Trading, I also had this stuffed bunny from my Mom and a burlap cut out with a bunny in the middle. I am also growing my Easter Bunny photos with the girls, after taking this pic I ordered some matching white frames, I think it will look more pulled together. I love seeing how the girls grow each year!
I got this blue vase at Home Goods when we moved in 3 years ago, it usually sits by my master bathtub. Looking at Instagram of all the spring tulips I thought I could recreate something like it for cheaper. Since I already had the vase, I purchased some fake bright yellow flowers at Walmart for $6 bucks and I love it!! Its so bright and cheerful! I also got this Easter egg table cloth from Oriental Trading and used my St. Patrick's Day table runner again...SCORE!
I've had this Easter cloth table runner for years from Home Goods, I added an old Easter basket that was Taylor's and put some fake flowers in it. I am waiting for some professional pictures of the girls I ordered with a real bunny to come in. As soon as they do I want to display them on this table, so I tried to leave a little extra room. This weekend I created this lemon/lime jar with floating candle. Super easy and cheap! The last thing I put out was a kids book about Jesus, I am Taylor starts to understand why we celebrate.
As I spoke about yesterday, my sweet friend and coworker Onika passed away. Coming into the office was hard cause I know she won't ever be with us here again. Her desk is empty and we miss her so very much. We had a grief counselor come in today and we had a small group meeting where we shared memories of sweet Onika. There were tears and laughter around the room. One thing has stuck with me that I heard, my manager actually got to see her yesterday. She said she looked like herself again, no tubes, no swelling. She told us Onika had a big smile on her face, she knew it was because she had seen Heaven. Until we meet again my sweet friend, I feel the warmth of you coming on my face as I walk into work every morning.






1 comment:

  1. Very sweet sentiments.... remembering your sweet friend~

    ReplyDelete