Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Movie Night, A Light Update, & Neil Diamond

Over the weekend we had a fun movie night with the Disney flick Mulan! Tts a story about a young girl who disguises herself as a man so her father does not have to go fight in a war.
I loved the colors used in the movie, especially the cherry blossoms.
I picked up a red table cloth, and pulled my black table runner to use as the tables cape. The yellow flowers are from our guest room.
The menu was super easy and super good! We ordered some Thai & Chinese food from our local Pacific Spice!
Daddy and Taylor watching the movie after we ate, Hubby ordered some soft shell crab and I had the chicken lo mein with crab Rangoon, my favorite!
Dessert was provided to, fortune cookies of course!!
The wall behind Nicole's bedroom door does not get much use. When we dedicated her at church she was gifted a beautiful handmade quilt that I have wanted to display but had no where to show it. So I picked up some $2 white wall hooks at Walmart and loved how it came out!
An easy and cheap way to use some valuable space!
With school back in session around GA I hung up my cute school bus door hanger I got on Etsy last year, I just love the yellow color!
I also tied some yellow polka dot ribbon around my little lamp's I keep out there, I think it really makes the yellow POP!
I also hung you this little Back to School pencil sign on the garage door!
I have mentioned before about how what a talented decorator my Mom is. She always has such great style in home decor and cloths. She sent me this little before and after she did this weekend, I loved it so much I ordered a light myself!! Here is the before of my Mom's den:
It's already a pretty space with the matching mirrors and greenery but wait until you see what she did with just a little screw in light pendant...
Can you believe how great this looks?! And my Mom did it herself on a ladder!! She ordered these from Plow & Hearth. I was so impressed I ordered one myself:
I think with shipping one light came out to around $50, a little pricey but I can't wait to show you all the results! Thanks Mom for the idea!!
I worked from home yesterday since my baby girl was sick. I took her to the doctors office which I thought would be an hour and 1.2 visit, 3 hours later we got home. Nicole handled it better then me. I was super stressed cause I had all these work emails to get thru. We were upstairs and while I was typing an email I looked up and saw her, loved it!! It put my thoughts back in perspective. No work is worth getting all worked up for. I just tried my best and got as much done as I could.
After getting the girls into bed last night, I had a little down time and put on this fantastic Neil Diamond album, the title Hot August Night is just perfect in GA right now! My Dad has a great record collection he gave me, I love it. Everything from The Beatles, CSN&Y to Jim Croce. I treasure it!!




 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment