Tuesday, April 12, 2016

"A tradition unlike any other"

Born and raised in the great state of GA and having a golf loving Dad & Brother, The Master's has been a part of my life forever. I am not a huge golf fan, but there is no denying Augusta National is the most beautiful coarse in the world. It signifies spring time in GA and some of my favorite foods! I've never been but the cost of food there blows all other sports arenas away, can you imagine getting anything at a Braves game or GA game for $2.00? No way, but in Augusta you can get a lot. Their signature egg salad sandwich, BBQ sandwich and my favorite, pimento cheese. I did my best to recreate their famous recipe and it came out great! And it was a lot of spread for leftovers. Here is the recipe I followed:
How to Make a Masters-Style Pimento Cheese Sandwich
You'll need:
3 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded yellow sharp cheddar cheese
4 oz crumbled blue cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 (4-oz) jar sliced pimentos, drained
1 cup light mayo
2 tbs Dijon mustard
1 loaf of white bread

Combine cheeses, pimentos, mayo and mustard in a food processor and process until smooth. Cover and chill. Spread on bread slices. Makes four sandwiches.
I toasted put my favorite Sunbeam white bread (it's the kind my Grandmother use to buy, when she lived in Atlanta I would ride with her to the bakery and get fresh loaves, yum!). I served it with some tater chips and Arizona's Arnold Palmer (sweet tea & lemonade, sounds like an chocoholic drink, right?). It was a tasty and festive dish while we watched the game. If I could only get my yard to look like this...



1 comment: