Friday, April 22, 2016

7 months & simple joy's

This week our baby girls turned 7 months old and is getting cuter by the day! She now has 4 teeth coming in, 2 on top and 2 on the bottom, she is sitting up, eating more baby food, drinking apple juice and laughs at her big sister!
Reasons keep growing on why I love my Keurig, and here is another, Tootsie Roll flavored hot cocoa!! I picked some up at Walmart, its really good and creamy, just what my sweet tooth loves!
I tried this new recipe called Pasta Puttanesca from a cute blog I follow named A Cup Full of Sass. It was the first time I had tried whole wheat pasta and it was pretty good! Very light! And I love anything with olives:
Ingredients
  • 3 cups cooked wheat spaghetti
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 2½ cups spinach and arugula mix
  • ¼ cup diced red onion
  • 3 Tablespoons capers
  • 1 cup black olives
  • 1 lemon
  • 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
  • 2 cloves of garlic minced
  • Salt, pepper and red pepper flakes
Instructions
  1. Boil water in pot and add spaghetti noodles. Cook until al dente. Reserve 3 Tablespoon of cooking water and drain the rest.
  2. While noodles are coking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
  3. Add minced garlic, red onions and capers and sauté for approximately 2 minutes.
  4. Add halved cherry tomatoes and black olives to pan. Sauté for approximately 4 minutes.
  5. Add spinach and arugula mix and cook for approximately 1 minute.
  6. Add cooked spaghetti noodles and the 3 Tablespoon of reserved water.
  7. Continue to cook for an additional minute or until spinach and arugula leaves wilt.
  8. Remove from heat and squeeze lemon over pasta and season with a little salt and pepper.
  9. Mix well.
  10. Sprinkle with a desired amount of crushed red pepper flakes.
  11. Enjoy!
I picked out this Cover Girl Flamed Out Mascara at the store and love the wand! Its really big and gives my short little lashes some more color.
I wish I could look this cute in a ball cap!
I ordered Jimmy John's this week at work when I hit my Lean Cuisine limit...FREAKY FAST! I just loved this sticker :-)
I spend A LOT of time sitting in traffic, no fun. But this week I was sitting at a red light and I noticed this row of trees, I love how they all arch over the road, it felt like I was driving through a tree tunnel!
I was shocked this week as the rest of the world to find out we lost another great musical talent in Prince. He was a truly talented musician and song writer. 57 is too young and another example for each of us the live each day to the fullest. So many great songs, Nothing Compares 2 U Prince.









No comments:

Post a Comment