Thursday, June 22, 2017

Summer & Simple Joys

Happy Summer everyone!!
 Some fun summer facts for you as summer started yesterday, 6/21 the sun is directly over the Tropic of Cancer. Its also when The Earth is actually farthest from the Sun during this time of the year.
- Its also not the hottest day of the year either, this happens in a few months.
-If you live in GA you have heard the Dog Days of Summer, the “dog days of summer” refer to the weeks between July 3 and August 11 and are named after the Dog Star (Sirius) in the Canis Major constellation. The ancient Greeks blamed Sirius for the hot temperatures, drought, discomfort, and sickness that occurred during the summer. I think my brother would describe summer in the same way!
-Summer is the by far the busiest time at movie theaters too!
-In the summer heat, the iron in France’s Eiffel Tower expands, making the tower grow more than 6 inches.
-Scientists argue that summer babies are significantly more likely to suffer from mood swings than babies born in other seasons. Hello Nicole, she is a summer baby & moody!!!
 My new June Birchbox arrived this week and it has some great items as usual!
My favorite has been this Roller Lash Mascara from Benefit, it works so great!! It really gives you some pretty lashes!! I also love this SU Hair and Body Wash by Davines. I have only used it for shampoo but gives you a great lather and smells divine!
 Taylor helped me at church Sunday with the 4/5 year old class, here she is playing with the cars!
Since she was so good at church we went to eat some chips and cheese dip for lunch at a local Mexican restaurant!
I thought you all would get a kick out of this pic with Hubby and the girls, look at Taylor's face!!!
Much better!
Daddy and his girls!
Yeah for fun times!!!
This girl loves to run and around and do tumbling tricks!!
Have you tried the Starbucks Pink Ombre?! Its really good and pretty! A perfect summer drink!
I got this new volume mousse called Big Sexy Hair and I like it a lot! I saw one of my favorite Instagramers, Cotton Stem use it and I thought, I want to try it! It came out different then I thought, its more like a hair spray then a mousse you apply in your hand. You instead spray it at your roots when its still damp. I have been  happy with the results, I can tell my hair feels more textured and holds curl better, a good product for those looking for bigger hair :-)
When Daddy takes you to get a FroYo with lots of gummy bears!
Since my previous door mat had Happy Fall Y'all I figured it was time for an update! I found this cute Home mat at Target for $13, SCORE!!
Now if all this rain would let up so it can dry up!
 Hubby surprised me with some yummy King of Pops!!
Chocolate Sea Salt and Strawberries and Cream, YUM!!!
My favorite color cupcake!!
Isn't this so pretty?
I hope everyone has a great weekend coming up, my cousin is getting married Saturday so I will be attending some fun events Friday I look forward to sharing with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment