Friday, June 9, 2017

Summer Decor & Simple Joys

We are almost there everyone, the weekend is so close!! Keep smiling :-)
I've done a couple more summer updates around our house I can't wait to show you and some simple joys this week, hope you enjoy!
 In our front yard we have what I call 2 bald spots, they are areas right next to the sidewalk that we can't get anything to grow in, and it sounds like rock or concrete if you try to dig there. So I wanted to go the artificial flower route, but getting to hanging baskets at almost $50 each was too much right now (this week we had to fix a broken pipe and a repair on Hubby's car, both very $$$). I went with a cheaper option and really like it! I got 2 Sheppard Hooks for about $10 bucks each and used 4 yellow kissing flower balls from our wedding. I think its a good way to add some pretty color in the front entrance.
 You all know I love changing up my decor every month, with June I thought pineapples would be a fun theme!! There are lots of pineapple decorations out there right now! I got the pretty green one & pineapple frame came from Kirklands, I picked up  the welcome sign from Goodwill, and the garland and tumblers from Party City, last week they had a free shipping code I used...SCORE! For my chalk board I wrote out "You are the pineapple of my eye" and the framed print from Etsy. I love all the bright yellow colors!

My Mom was so sweet and ordered us a beautiful floor rug for our dining room and it looks wonderful! Here is the before pic, this is real life folks with stuff on the floor and table and Taylor singing on the chair. 
 Our dinging room table was my Grandmother Kee's, I love it and it's pretty lightweight, I was able just to slide it over into the den while I rolled the carpet out.
Ready for the after?!?!?!
 Isn't it lovely?!
I am so excited about it!!
Its the perfect size and the color is neutral so it goes with everything. I think it just makes the dining room look comfy if that is possbible :-)
Thank you Gigi!!
I also added this pretty yellow and white flower wreath from Walmart to our dining room chest, I thought the yellow was a great summer color.
This door hanger has remained one of my favorite over the years. I mean who doesn't love a cool glass a lemonade to welcome them in?
I met Hubby for lunch the other day at our favorite Fancy Pantry and it was even better then it looks! We had some sandwhiches, salads, pasta salad, olive mayo, strawberry lemonade, sea salt browning and a peanut butter bar. This place never fails, its always so good!
I saw this headline last week in the AJC and couldn't stop laughing!
"Gwinnett woman fights off rabid fox with giant QT mug"
I mean, how awesome is this?!
Check out the Mr. Potato Head Taylor made at summer camp!
I fixed the easy and cheap Paula Deen Chicken Noodle casserole this week, it was pretty good!  An easy work week meal that is homemade and still pretty fast. I served it with some crunchy french bread. Here is the recipe if you want to give it a try!

Ingredients
  • 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
  • 4 cups egg noodles, (approximately 2 cups uncooked cooked and drained)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup milk
  • 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 9 x13 inch baking dish.

In a large, tall-sided saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, sauté until near translucent. Stirring frequently, add garlic and red pepper flakes, cook for two minutes more. Stir in the flour and cook until the flour is absorbed. Slowly add the milk and 2 cups of cheese. Reserve 1 cup of cheese for casserole topping. Once the cheese is melted add salt and pepper to taste. Combine chicken, sour cream and noodles into cheese mixture. Stir until the noodles are coated with mixture.

Pour mixture into a prepared baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake the casserole for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.

Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.

 Taylor has been asking to go to Monkey Joe's for a while so Daddy picked her up and made a surprise trip to MJ's!
 This is pretty much all PK does. Layes around, naps, eats, plays outside and scratches my furniture. He is a rascal.
 Upside down and all around!
The girls love doing hand stands before bathtime.
 With a rain free weekend in the forecast I plan on being in my comfy flip flops, I hope everyone has a great weekend! A lot of my family members will be traveling this weekend to reunion's and a wedding, stay safe!


1 comment:

  1. The rug looks beautiful, as I knew it would.... just like the rest of your house! Happy Summer! ~

    ReplyDelete