Friday, May 19, 2017

Tech Lab, Pool, & Yummy Foods

This week at work I stepped out of the cube and into our technical lab for a day, it was actually a lot of fun!
The lab is brand new and located in Johns Creek
 We toured the lab and looked under some microscopes!
 One thing for sure, our chemist are SUPER smart! A lot of this stuff was over my head but very intriguing.
 The lab staff is super sweet and took us out to eat lunch, it was a special treat getting to have a lunch break on the patio, perfect weather! We dined at Dos Margaritas, very good!
 Looking for a new floor color? Just pick your favorite beer bottle color, that is what we put in our terrazzo.
Check out this safety goggles, gotta be safe!!
 Since my commute was a little shorter I had time to stop by Steak and Shake for a peanut butter cup milkshake...SCORE!!
 Our neighborhood pool was supposed to open last week, and Taylor was SOOOO excited, she was counting down everyday! So we got our swim suits on and sunscreen ready to go when Hubby saw a notice that the pool had some type of drainage problem and it would be closed. Taylor was CRUSHED. But since we were all ready we got in the car and headed to The Forsyth County Aquatic Center and had a blast!
 Coco's first time at the aquatic center, she held on tight to me the entire time but had fun!
 Taking a bottle break!
 This may look like a pretty boring turkey and cheese sandwich, it was good but the best part, those little yogurt rolls!! I have never had these before and they were SO good! Its from this local Cafe at Pharr!
 Hubby and the girls gifted me with my favorite, a Lilly P gift card, can't wait to show you what I got!
 I've mentioned before I am a big fan of Kate on The Small Things Blog, she recommend this cute little vent brush, I have been looking for one, my current one was so worn down. I ordered this pretty purple one from Amazon and LOVE IT! Its super light weight, holds great and causes no tangles!! I highly recommend it!
 My May Birchbox arrived and its been great! My favorite is this Glo lotion, I put it on after my daily face moisturizer and gives me a slight glow. I also got some sunscreen and hair oil for beach like waves!
 This yummy and creamy pasta dish was fantastic! I got it from my favorite blogger Dixie Delights, its an Ina Garten recipe so you know its great. Hubby and I were talking about all the things that we could add, maybe some salami and olives?! Here is the recipe, try it I know you will love it!
Lemon Fusilli with Arugula
source: Ina Garten
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic (2 cloves)
2 cups heavy cream
3 lemons (I only used 2 and skipped the garnish at the end)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 bunch broccoli
1 pound dried fusilli pasta
1/2 pound baby arugula
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved

Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the garlic, and cook for 60 seconds. Add the cream, the zest from 2 lemons, the juice of 2 lemons, 2 teaspoons of salt, and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until it starts to thicken.

Meanwhile, cut the broccoli in florets and discard the stem. Cook the florets in a pot of boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes, until tender but still firm. Drain the broccoli and run under cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside.

Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the pasta, and cook according to the directions on the package, about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain the pasta in a colander and place it back into the pot. Immediately add the cream mixture and cook it over medium-low heat for 3 minutes, until most of the sauce has been absorbed in the pasta. Pour the hot pasta into a large bowl, add the arugula, Parmesan, tomatoes, and cooked broccoli. Cut the last lemon in half lengthwise, slice it 1/4-inch thick crosswise, and add it to the pasta. Toss well, season to taste, and serve hot.

Hubby was so good to me on Mother's Day, he waiting almost 30 minutes at the Guy's Biscuit Barn drive thru to get us some breakfast. Y'all, I have said it before, these are some of the best biscuits ever!! They even got named best biscuits in GA I read recently!! So good!
 Love these 2 with all my heart!! Look at their pretty smiles!
I hope everyone has a safe & fun weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment