Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Winter Tablescape & Slow Cooker Cheey Chicken and Rice

It continues to be spring like weather here in GA, I am not complaining at all, I love it! Don't worry though, the 70 degree temps won't keep me from putting out my winter decor!!
My dining room table is never clean, its a hold all for everything in our house, I think the only time it gets clean is when the seasons change and I put out new decor!
 
These cute snowman place mats and runner came from Lakeside Collection, I said this earlier but I have found them to have the best and most affordable winter decor collection!
 As I mentioned earlier I got this pretty winter glass vase at Home Goods last year and added some of our Christmas tree clippings around it. I also picked up these dollar candles from Walmart and tied some white ribbon around them.

Here is a close up of the cute snowmen :-)
 I love how the candles glow thru the winter white trees on the vase
 Another view at night with the candles
 I also ordered this cute winter wonderland sign from Lakeside Collection that I hung over the table.
 My brother and I have both been enjoying this creamy chicken and rice crock pot recipe I made over the weekend, my brother made it at his how to. Its super easy and affordable, it comes from Christy Jordan at SouthernPlate.com:

Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken And Rice
 
Ingredients
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 large onion, chopped (I use Vidalia)
  • 1 -8 ounce box Zatarain's Yellow Rice Mix, cooked according to directions
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese
  • 1 - 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup (regular or fat free)
  • 1 -15 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
Instructions
Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Scatter chopped onion over top. Spoon cream soup over top of that. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours. A few minutes before serving, add in cooked rice, corn, and cheese. Stir to combine. Serve hot
 
 After dumping all the ingredients pictured above in the crock pot, here is what it looks like cooking!
A few hours later, its ready to enjoy and tastes great the next day for left overs!!
I think you will enjoy this meal, its great with some crusty bread on the side!

No comments:

Post a Comment