Friday, January 27, 2017

Simple Joys & What I Wore

Its almost the end of another work week, I hope for everyone it has been a good one and an even better weekend ahead! I don't have much time during the week to cook but over the weekend I got to fix a yummy home cooked meal!
 I made some mac and cheese, salmon croquettes, baked beans and lemon pie from Edwards. What made it really special was using my Grandmother's Corning-ware to server them in!
 Saturday morning I mixed up some Martha White Blueberry Muffins, always so easy, good & cheap!
I often wonder what my girls are doing at school so I love getting notes home, especially this one about Nicole, she loves decorating her polar bear with cotton balls!!! Love it!
 The taco plate from Mr. Taco is defiantly one of the best around Roswell and makes for a yummy lunch!!
 Today I got our form from daycare about how much we paid in 2016, its huge. That is why when I got the registration form for Taylor to start Pre K in the fall I felt like doing cartwheels!! I am not sure what kind of numbers yet, but I do know it will be LESS then what we pay right now and for that I am thrilled!!!
 I will let you just enjoy this pic for a little bit...
This week Paul Newman would have turned 92, I have always thought he is the best looking actor of all time. Those blue eyes XOXO
I changed out my beige canisters in the kitchen with these bright and pretty Pioneer Woman canisters from Walmart. They are wide and hold a lot!
 Here is another view a little closer up, so lovely!
 I use to keep a Christmas poster in this frame outside our front door, until it fell off the wall and cracked! So I moved it inside with out the glass and got this new winter print, love it! I put it on our stairway.
 Friday's are even sweeter with cupcakes at work!
 While streaming the inauguration I enjoyed a Krispy Kreme with sprinkles and work my patriotic red, white and blue. This dress is from Walmart.
 I got this dress a few years ago from Old Navy and I paired it with the new navy necklace Mom game me for Christmas, so pretty!
 While cleaning out my purse I went thru my wallet looking at my gift cards, I found one from TJ Maxx and was able to purchase this outfit at no cost...SCORE!
Did you all know TJ Maxx is now online with free shipping?!
 It is definatly feeling like winter around here so I am layering up! I paired my long sleeve Lilly P top and vest together, they both came from River Road Pharmacy, a really cute shop in Columbus, GA that sells Lilly P.
This is my favorite new shirt for January, I have had it for a couple of weeks but its been too cold to wear until now! Its super soft and comfy! Its from Groopdealz.com.
 On a sadder note, my family and I lost our sweet friend, Bulldog and neighbor Clif this week. He had been battling cancer and has been in a lot of back pain for a number of years. He was able to return back to his home which is in the same neighborhood I grew up in. Above is a picture of my old house I moved into when I was 5 and lived there until my sophomore year of college, so Lawrenceville is what I consider my hometown. The house doesn't look as good as I had hoped, you know my Mom had it looking great! But it doesn't take away from all the sweet memories I have growing up there. After Clif's service we went back to his house with family and friends and it was just like being home again. We saw and visited with our old neighbor's, it took me back to all the great times we had there. Clif was always so sweet to me, he will be remembered fondly.
 Being back home makes me think of the Miranda Lambert song, House That Build Me, here are one of the great verses:

You leave home, you move on and you do the best you can.
I got lost in this old world and forgot who I am.
 
I thought if I could touch this place or feel it
This brokenness inside me might start healing.
Out here it's like I'm someone else,
I thought that maybe I could find myself.
If I could walk around I swear I'll leave.
Won't take nothing but a memory
From the house that, built me.

1 comment: