Thursday, January 5, 2017

Crescent Roll Lasagna and Simple Joys

After my family left Christmas afternoon we enjoyed a day relaxing playing with our new toys. I had made a little Holiday Menu Planner a week before and found a new recipe for lasagna I wanted to try, its with no noodles! It came out delicious so I thought you would enjoy too! Its from Jennifer at Dimples and Tangles:

 Crescent Roll Lasagna
Ingredients: 2 cans crescent rolls 1 pound cooked, drained hamburger meat
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 16 oz. container cottage cheese
2 cups Mozzarella or Italian Style shredded cheese
Sliced mushrooms (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray a 9x13" casserole dish with non-stick spray.
2. Unroll 1 can of crescent rolls, and lay the whole can out on the bottom of the dish.  Flatten and pinch together seams if necessary to spread across entire bottom of the dish.
3. Combine cooked hamburger meat and jar of spaghetti sauce.  Layer 1/2 of mixture on top of crescent rolls in dish.  Add a layer of mushrooms if desired.
4. Layer cottage cheese over meat and sauce mixture.
5. Layer the rest of the meat and sauce mixture over cottage cheese.
If your family doesn't object, you could add some sliced mushrooms in with the meat layer as well.
6. Sprinkle cheese over meat mixture.
7. Unroll 2nd can of crescent rolls and spread over cheese to form a top crust.  Flatten out pieces a bit before laying them down if desired, but rolls don't need to completely cover the top.
8. Bake for about 25 minutes until top is golden brown.
9.  Let sit about 5 minutes before serving. 
 Here is it and boy is it good!! Very easy, yummy, and taste's great the next day! If you don't like ricotta cheese, cottage cheese is a great alternative!
 You know I love a good side by side, since its pretty cold know I am pulling out Taylor's old sweater dresses. This is one of my favorite's with the Disney princesses on it!
Every December my family does a bowl pick them, I've done pretty well in the past, not too great this year but you know I love Coach Richt and gave Miami my 3rd highest confidence points and they won, GO CMR!! So happy for him!!
 Love some Slope's BBQ for lunch!! I ordered a pulled chicken sandwich, baked beans and yummy green beans, and of course a sweet tea, perfect lunch break!
 Another side by side! Look at my sweet girls big morning smiles :-)
 I've been listening to the George Michael Pandora station non stop, its so great. You know I cranked it up when Freedom came on, love it!! Did you also know this song was sampled from the Aretha Franklin song Freedom?
 During our long New Year weekend I took the girls to Monkey Joe's to jump some energy out, they loved it!
If you are a fan of Trader Joe's cookie butter but don't have one near you like me, I suggest picking up some of this Sam's Choice Cookie Butter ice cream at Walmart, its SO good and half the price!
 Daddy and Taylor playing Jenga!
Love me some Toaster Strudell's!!
 Since we didn't have an alarm clock to wake up to, last Friday night we had a couch camp out by the Christmas tree lights before we had to take them down, it was fun!! Here is Nicole snoozing away XOXO
Bath time is hit or miss with Coco, but here is a time she was loving it, look at that big smile!
With the New Year many of us have new goals, I love this CS Lewis quote about NEVER being too old!
We are keeping an eye on the weather here in GA, we should be getting some snow so to all those who are traveling, be extra careful and enjoy the snow!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment