Thursday, August 31, 2017

Food, Cheap Glasses and Birthday's

All my life I have been an olive lover,
OLIVE YOU XOXO
So when I was watching Instastories the other day and saw a pasta & olive dish, I took a screen shot and wanted to make it! Its not a formal recipe, here is the pic from Cassie at Sugarplum, someone me and my Mom both enjoy following:
It's pretty easy and affordable, here is a pic of cooking everything:
I will admit not all the olives made it into the pot, I was eating them!! So good, I can't stop!
And the final product came out pretty good! I nice big bowl of pasta, olives and cheese with some garlic butter Texas toast on the side, very good!
There is always something comforting to me about a grilled cheese! They are so simple and delish, great with tomato soup too! I ordered from Grochy's Deli this week at work, it had the fancy muenster cheese on it, my favorite!
I love the weekends, especially when we pick up Slopes BBQ!! Its close to our house and so good. Best green beans around and fried okra, of course we got some sweet tea too!
I also added these cute mats from Lakeside Collection to our front steps, love them so far! I am thinking of ordering some more for my brother too...wink wink!
If you are an Atlanta native you are probably familiar with radio/TV personality Clark Howard. Clark is really good with money and always shares great money saving tips. I have had my eyeglasses for about 6 years, they were not too bad except they didn't wrap around the back of my ear, so every time I would bend down, the slip off my face. I only wear glasses at night so its not a huge deal to me and I didn't want to may a lot. Enter Clark Howard's website, he recommended Zenni glasses, the frames were $7 bucks! You can pick from a large variety on the website, then enter your Rx # and the size, they provide a ruler and you are done. With the frames and glasses it came out to about $25 with shipping...SCORE!! Especially for people who wear glasses!!
Donut ever give up!!
A sweet message :-)
Happy Birthday to my sweet friend Katie!!
Here we are at work celebrating her special day!! Katie is so sweet, very smart and a great babysitter, my girls love her as do so many others XOXO
My sweet Mother In Law also celebrated her birthday, she is currently in Alaska right now and we will celebrate when she comes back home. I struck gold when she became my MIL, she is always there for me and my family, so kind, always compassionate, fun to be around and very positive. She is the best Omma ever!!
I am so excited for September cause it means I can decorate for fall..even though its summer!!


1 comment:

  1. That olive dish & muenster grilled cheese sounds so good! Know you are excited to decorate for fall!🍁

    ReplyDelete