Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Barbie Movie Night, New Salad, and Fall Bedroom

5 days into the month, Happy September!!
I am a little late on this, with the Labor Day Holiday I am behind, but here is to wishing everyone another great month! I know so many people love this time of the year, when it starts getting a little cooler and so many bright and beautiful colors around us! I have been putting out my fall décor and its so much fun, I hope you enjoy it too!
We started the long weekend with a fun movie, Barbie!
You know Hubby was all over this one! But the girls and I loved it! I grew up playing with Barbie and the girls have starting liking her too. Taylor has been seeing a Barbie movie advertised on Direct TV so I thought it would be something she would enjoy, enter the 12 Dancing Princesses!
I was cleaning up some blankets in Nicole's room and thought this one would make a perfect table runner for Barbie night, its so pretty and pink! I got the girls each a new dancing Barbie doll and some little Barbie headbands. I also made some brownies and topped them with pink cheery icing!
Come on Barbie, let's go party!!
The girls playing with their Barbie's


Watching Barbie dance!
Sweet smiles from my own doll baby XOXO
I made this new recipe for lunch Sunday, I found it off Pinterest (where all great food ideas come from, right?!). You guys, it is REALLY good and very simple!! I found it on the RecipeGirl.com, I know you will love it!
Bacon, Avocado and Corn Salad
Ingredients:
-5 strips of bacon
-4 large ears of corn with the husks and silks removed
-1/2 cup feta
-2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
-1 tablespoon of lemon or lime
-2 avocados
-salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1.Cook bacon and leave 1 tablespoon of bacon fat in the skillet
2. Cut the corn then cook it in the bacon fat until its a golden brown, about 5 min.
3. Turn off heat and add cheese, cilantro and lemon juice. Crumble the bacon in and toss.
4. Cut the avocado and put it in the skillet and toss around
5. Taste and season before serving. Serve at room temp or refrigerate for later.
I love adding fall décor around our house, for our master bedroom I hung up this pretty Walmart autumn wreath I got last year with some yellow ribbon and added this soft leaves blanket I found on Ebay, 2 for $12 bucks...SCORE!
My bed is hardly ever made honestly, but when it is I like to take a quick pic!! We have windows on both sides of our bed which I love. Especially when its cool enough to open the windows. I got this harvest pillow from Kirkland's last year, its so pretty and stays out all thru November!



No comments:

Post a Comment