Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Simple Joys

I am starting to think August may be one of my favorite months of the year, EXCEPT for the school/traffic situation, it has seemed to be a month for us that is a little slower and I am enjoying every minute!! My job is a bit seasonal so right now, its not slow but more like manageable. Like I get get thru one day's emails on time, that takes a lot of stress off me. It has been super having some down time before our fast fall season arrives. I do love all that we do, but once September hits the calendar is pretty full with birthdays, football and pro lime season so I am really soaking up these hot August days! So here are some small yet simple joys!
 One of my favorite bloggers Dixie Delights posted this incredible kitchen gadget and I knew I had to have it ASAP, the pancake pen!!
 It is super easy to use and super cheap! I got mine from Ebay and you just make your pancake batter like usually and pour it into the pen and you can write or design any thing your pancake appetite desires!
 I made 4 the each girls first initial and age, it was fun and the girls loved it!
 Sweet Saturday morning smiles :-)
 My newest Spireside Candle is the strongest smelling yet, its like a jar of maple syrup!! Its called Wizard's Pub from Harry Potter, I love it and it smells like fall!
 I have a stack of cookbooks I don't use as much as I like, but I pulled my Grandmother's Rainbow Park Pot Luck cookbook out and had so much fun looking at all her notes! In my opinion church cookbooks are the best cookbooks! There is something comforting about these and they are always good! Here is the delish buttermilk pie I made, easy and affordable...SCORE!
Buttermilk Pie
-3 eggs
-3/4 cup butter
-2 cups sugar
-3 tbsp flour
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 cup buttermilk
-frozen pie crust
*Blend everything and bake on 350 for 45 min
ENJOY!! 
 Trying to get that cholesterol down by walking and jogging, here is my cute walking partner, look at that smile!
 When Hubby cooks dinner, its nacho time!
 Taylor felt like Supergirl wearing this shirt, I wish she could wear it everyday!! She is my Supergirl XOXO

1 comment: