Friday, November 11, 2016

Alabama Camp Stew, What I Wore, & Simple Joys

If you can get thru the cloud of smoke we are experiencing here in North GA, you may notice its defiantly getting a little chillier at night and I love it! When I think of cooler weather food, soups, hot chocolate and crock pots come to mind. With a little one that always wants to be held cooking anything can be a frustrating challenge. This is why I LOVE Alabama Camp Stew AKA Brunswick Stew in you are a peach like me. Southern Plate cook Christy Jordan posted it and its a keeper. Not only is it yummy, everything is in cans, and no having to drain them. Just pour all the ingredients into a crock pot and enjoy...SCORE!!
 Here is a pic of all you will need, each can is like $1 a piece, this is very affordable!!
Just a few hours in the crock pot and enjoy!! Her recipe was on the stove top, but both work any way! I also bought a box of those yummy Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits, talk about heaven. These boys are so good! Here is Christy's Recipe below, enjoy!
Famous Alabama Camp Stew





Serves: 6-8 servings

Ingredients
  • 3-14 ounce cans diced tomatoes
  • 14 ounce can whole kernel corn
  • 14 ounce can butter beans, baby limas, or limas
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 10 ounce can pork bbq in sauce (I use Castlebury's)
  • 10 ounce can beef bbq in sauce (I use Castlebury's)
  • 10 or 12 ounce can chicken

Instructions

  1. Dump all contents into a medium sized stockpot, including liquid in all of the cans.
  2. Place over medium heat, stirring often, and bring just to a boil.
  3. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring from time to time, for 30 minutes to an hour.

 You know I couldn't let a week go by with out my got to favorite green vest! This week I paired it with an Old Navy short sleeve empire dress, black leggins, black necklace from Target Mom got me and Walmart leopard flats!

 Instagram continues to be my favorite source for fashion inspiration, I got this color combo from a blogger and loved it! I've had this cobalt blue pencil skirt for 4 years from Walmart, I dusted it off and paired it with my Shein.com green top and blue necklace.
When I wore this dress from Shein.com it was like hitting a home run! From a birthday party to the office everyone loved and gave me so many sweet compliments. It will defiantly be a staple in my fall wardrobe. I just paired it with some nude hose and brown boots. Its empire cut so its totally comfortable.
I call this top my Trunk Train shirt, I wore it the day after the election, notice all the elephants? Its my new Lilly P pullover and I LOVE it!! Its super comfy, I feel relaxed and stylish at the same time. I paired it with my Walmart white jeans.
Here is another Instagram color combo idea I found. I ordered this Kelly Green top from Shein.com and paired it with my pink pencil skirt and necklace. I have always loved pink and green, in fact I decorated Taylor's bedroom pink and green!
In honor of Veteran's Day I wore my patriotic blue, red and white. I am so grateful for all the freedoms I enjoy as an American, its a great country we live in. Thank you Vets!!
A surprise visitor this week on the blog, Hubby! He graciously took a pic of the new birthday shirt he got from Untuckit.com. That is right, shirts made to be worn un-tucked!! Hubby HATES tucking his shirt in at work, these have a shorter hem and are made to look professional with out being tucked in. He loves the top and wants more for Christmas!
I took this picture leaving work Monday at 5 PM, notice how DARK it already is, no sunglasses needed!! Not a fan of the time change!!
What weekend breakfast is complete with out these yummy treat?! I picked up some donuts from Dunkin with extra sprinkles!
My coworker Donna found this Mom and Pop dive near our office called Four Seasons, I ordered this yummy chicken gyro, its great!! And do are the fries, makes for a happy lunch!
This baby girl is my heart. She is so happy in the morning, now 6 PM is a different story! But I love her holding her blanket, I just want to pick her up and give her a big kiss!!


The Bulldogs were able to pull off a late minute field goal to beat Kentucky last week, it was great. I am REALLY hoping for the same out come Saturday againist the team I never ever ever want to lose to, Auburn!! I am very nervous, Auburn is good and the Dawgs are struggling. But I am hoping and will be cheering them on until the last second!
I hope everyone has a great weekend, this week has been full of suspense & excitement. I am planning on starting our Holiday Home Tour next week, I hope you will all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment