Thursday, September 14, 2017

What I Wore & Cheesy Taco Pasta

Around here at work today and on social media I have been seeing more and more people getting their power back, that is wonderful news! I hope it keeps going for those still cleaning up after Irma came thru. Hoping if you have been without power, its coming soon.
 I wanted to share some outfits with you I have been wearing, I am really trying not to by too much new cloths right now, with the girls birthday's coming up our budget is tight, so with the help on Pinterest I have been trying to shop my closet and put together some new outfits!
I got this older Lilly P dress from Ebay last year, I am pretty sure it was around $30 which for Lilly is a steal! Ebay has lots of great, gently used cloths that are very affordable!
We have been having a couple of cooler days here in GA so it was a great chance to pull out my favorite brown boots. Its too warm for tights, so I wore this long sleeve green dress I also got from Walmart last year. I paired it with my owl necklace.
This dress came from Shein.com last year, its great for this time of the year, keeps you a little warmer but with short sleeves, its still works when its warmer in the afternoon. These sandals came from Walmart.
This outfit combination came form Pinterest in the spirit of shopping my closet. I searched yellow skirt on Pinterest and tons of outfit ideas came up, I scrolled thru and took a screen shot of tops I had like this denim Target shirt Mom got me after I had Taylor. I tied it in the front to fit better and felt like I had a brand new outfit.
This is my Amazon.com outfit that is super comfy. These cute coral jeggins stretch big time in the waist...SCORE! I paired it with a white tank top and put my Grace and Lace top extender under it for some extra coverage. Coral and mint go great together to that is where the necklace outfit came from.
This is a pretty olive green Target dress I paired with brown booths and my owl necklace, any easy fall look.
Another Pinterest idea, I've had this Gap yellow cardigan for years, so I paired it with my white dress (white after Labor Day, I am a rebel!) and my mint Amazon.com. I also wore my Target booties.
For this outfit I looked on Pinterest for blue skirt outfit, a picture came up with a leopard top and I was like, awesome, I already have that! Both of these pieces came from Walmart years ago, but I think you could pair most any color with leopard and it look great!
With a lot of school still being without power, Hubby got to enjoy 3 days off. One of the perks of him being home is he fixed dinner..SCORE!! This was a new recipe for us, called Cheesy Taco Pasta and its a winner! Simple and cheap!
It came off the blog Dinner then Dessert I found on Pinterest, here is the recipe:
Cheesy Taco Pasta is easy to make and tastes like the Hamburger Helper you used to eat as a kid except better. Much better.

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound large shells pasta
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 3/4 cup of water
  • 1 cup jarred salsa
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions:
  1. Cook the shelled pasta according to the directions on the box and drain.
  2. Add the ground beef to the pan and brown well.
  3. Drain the fat.
  4. Add the taco seasoning and 3/4 cup of water, stir and cook until water is gone.
  5. Add the pasta back into the pot with the salsa and cheese.
  6. Stir to combine.
  7. Serve immediately, preferably with crunchy tortilla chips on top.



No comments:

Post a Comment