Friday, September 8, 2017

Irma, Sawnee Mountain and Ice Cream Sandwich Sundae Cake

If you live in the southeast I am pretty sure this is what is on your mind right now...
This is a screen shot of weatherman David Chandley's Instagram account. I have to admit I am getting pretty nervous about Irma, I know Atlanta is way better off then Florida, what they are dealing with is scary and hard. I know everyone is thinking of them and praying Irma turns or slows down. Right now we should be getting some heavy wind and rain Monday. My family in Savannah left yesterday for Athens. Everyone keep safe out there and best wishes!! We are thinking and praying for our FL and GA neighbors XOXO

One of the best holiday's of the year, Labor Day!! I hope you enjoyed your day off work, for all of us who work hard everyday, its a special day you earned! I LOVE a long weekend and short work week...I think it should be like that every week!
It was such a beautiful day I took the girls to Sawnee Mountain, I knew Taylor loves the fairy garden. Nicole wanted to be held most of the time so it was work out for me, but still fun!
The walking trail has a Girl Scout created fairy trail, so cute and fun for kids!
Ready to start our walk!
This was Taylor's favorite fairy house, it was pink and purple
Look at that face, love it!
We collected some of our leaves and sticks to make our own fairy house
Look Mom, I see a fairy flying!
There is also a big tree house the girls loved.
We had great time being outside and its only 10 minutes from our house...SCORE!
After our trip to Sawnee Mountain we headed to Braselton to see Aunt Amy's new house and visit with Aunt Deb who we had not seen in 8 years!! I told Amy I would bring a dessert and it was a hit! Super easy and delicious!  I saw it on my favorite blog, Dixie Delights, she always has the best recipes! You will need:
-2 boxes of mini ice cream sandwiches
-2 tubs of cool whip
-jar of caramel sauce
-jar of hot fudge
-chocolate chips
Line casserole with ice cream sandwiches
Top sandwiches with cool whip, hot fudge and caramel, then add another layer of ice cream sandwiches on top of that
Top with cool whip and chocolate chips, cover with foil and refreeze, use toothpicks on top to keep it all from sticking. Make this and enjoy!!
With our ice cream dessert we headed out to see Amy's new townhouse.  Its super cute and perfect for her and the kids! Here are Taylor and Avery so excited to see each other XOXO
And the MOST excited maybe have been Aunt Debbie! She is Poppie's sister. We had a great time visiting with her, Amy made a lovely spaghetti dinner with salad. This was Deb's first time meeting the girls, we had a blast!



No comments:

Post a Comment