Monday, September 25, 2017

Simple Joys

Hey Everyone!! Happy Fall Y'all!!
Although here in GA it is more like...
Right??!! I saw this on Instastories and immediately sent it to my brother!
Sorry I have been MIA the last couple of days, I have been getting our house ready for the girls birthday party we hosted yesterday. Everything turned out great and the girls had so much fun! I can't wait to share with you all the pics and décor from the party!
There have been some really funny things in the news lately I wanted to share, they make me laugh :-)
I am pretty much just going to let the headlines speak....
And then...
Shield your children folks!!
Saturday hair, don't care!
Little Sister wants to do everything Big Sister does, including wearing her shoes, she loves walking around in them!
I was totally taken by surprise last week when I got the mail and it was not a bill but a cookbook my cousin Shirley mailed me!! It's from Bethel Baptist Church and the super cool thing about the cookbook is that it not only contains recipes from my Grandmother Kee, my cousins Shirley and Juanita but my GREAT Grandmother Annie Kee!!
How neat is this?!?!
I have never seen any recipes from her and I can't wait to give it a try.
Thank you so much Shirley for this family treasure XOXO
Taylor's BFF Arya, these 2 adore each other!!!
This is defiantly NOT a beautiful food picture, but its real life on a paper plate! This SUPER easy and cheap chicken was really good, I found it on the Frugal Girls, they have lots of crock pot recipes you will love!
Hello 4 ingredients!!

Crockpot Orange Chicken Recipe
Author: 
Prep time: 
Cook time: 
Total time: 
Serves: 4
 
Ingredients

4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, thawed
  • ¾ cup Smuckers Sweet Orange Marmalade
  • ¾ cup of Sweet Baby Ray’s Original BBQ Sauce {it’s SO good!}
  • 2 tbsp. Soy Sauce
Instructions
  1. Cook chicken in crockpot on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 hours {covered}
  2. After 3 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW, drain juices from crockpot
  3. At this point… you can either leave the chicken breasts whole, or remove, cut into cubes, and transfer back to crockpot.
  4. Mix together bbq sauce, orange marmalade, and soy sauce.
  5. Pour mixture over chicken, and cook on high for 30 more minutes {covered}
  6. Serve with rice and Enjoy!!


I don't really share this room too often, its our loft area which is usually covered in toys, maybe that's why it doesn't get shared!
 But since I deep cleaned our house over the weekend it was a great chance to take some pics of a semi clean out. I call this our GA Room, it has out Bulldog gear and some comfy red sofas by parents gave us, one even pulls out into a bed...SCORE! I love the built ins and its a room we spend a lot of time in.
A different view of our loft. The green walls was the color in here when we moved in, its really similar to our bathroom, love it!
And speaking of the Bulldogs, what a great win Saturday night!! The Dawg Nation is so excited. Does Coach remind you of everyone's favorite cousin?!?!?





No comments:

Post a Comment