Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Hurricane Irma & Good Friends

Greetings everyone, I know its a somber day for many as Hurricane Irma made her mark in FL and GA over the last 2 days. Here is GA a lot of trees and power lines went down. Most school systems were closed yesterday as well as my office. Our house was good, I ended up taking down all my patio stuff, I am really glad I did cause those winds last night were huge and a little scary. I was good throughout Monday, but my nerves kicked in when it got dark and the wind kicked up. I just kept envisioning a tree coming down (probably cause I watched so much of the news yesterday). But nothing came down and I am so thankful for that!! Here are some pics of our Irma Day:
You gotta keep laughing right?! I recently found this Facebook page, I don't know who writes it but it is HILIARIOUS!! Its all about Atlanta, mainly the traffic, but its so funny and spot on, check it out!
How lucky are we to live in a world where we know days in advance a storm is coming? Here is a pic of my not too pretty patio I took down Sunday and stored in our garage. It was the right choice, I don't think it would have made it thru the high winds last night.

A special Monday treat, breakfast with my girls! We had some cheese grits, toast and strawberries, and of course Peppa joined in...no bacon was served :-)
Ready to get started! Behind me on the couch Hubby was snoozing.
Inclement weather for Hubby=Extra sleep
Inclement weather for Me=Same amount of emails along with 2 kids
Around lunch time Coco was ready for a snooze
Calories don't count during hurricanes, right?!
Taylor and I fixed some cake and watched TV together and just relaxed, love it!
Doesn't happen too much, but Nicole was extra cuddly when she woke up from her nap, you know I was loving it!
We had fun doing lots of coloring!
Taylor is doing so well with her art work!! I love seeing what she creates
Hubby's dinner, check out all that chili!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just had a cheese dog :-)
A screen shot of the Instastory I took of the wind really kicking up and getting much cooler. After this the rest of the night I just kept praying nothing fell down. I did jump out of bed once when I heard a chain saw going at 10 PM, looks like our neighbor's tree was about to fall or already fell. Hopefully I can see today when I get home.
I am SO very grateful my home and all my extended family are OK. Irma was no joke and I can't wait to see her GO AWAY!!
As so many other American's yesterday, we all took a moment to remember 9/11 as its 16th anniversary was yesterday. With a lot of other things going on, I saw the American spirit still strong with neighbor's helping neighbor's, just like we did that day and continue to do. American Strong, we will rebuild.
Saturday afternoon, 9/9 also brought with it some sad news for me and so many others, our sweet friend Marc passed away :-(
I got the news and had a good cry, I have been friends with Marc for 10 plus years. We met at work and discovered our love of the same humor, Starbucks and football. We talked almost everyday, went to lunch often, and celebrated our February birthday's with fun gifts. One year I got him a Hillary Clinton nutcracker!
So many mornings he would have a Starbucks white chocolate mocha waiting on my desk.
He truly was one of the most unselfish and giving people I have ever known. I am SO blessed to know him and he is someone I will never forget. He was diagnosed with ALS but never complained, just stayed positive. I hope I can be like that. His service will be this Saturday, please keep his sweet family in your prayers, especially his granddaughter Lexi. They had a special bond. Heaven gained one of the best. Love you Marc XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment