Monday, September 18, 2017

Some more fall around the house

Well its officially the last week of summer, its been a good summer and hopefully fall will be just as fun. Just with less hurricanes! I have shown a lot of pics of my fall décor so here are a few more to tie it all up!
Walking into our fall house here is what you see, along with the Hello Summer photo:-)
The only thing new this year are the beautiful matching brown boys I got of Etsy, these are so pretty, fluffy and great until Thanksgiving! I had some leaf garland around the house, my scarecrow flower holder, he came from Home Depot about 4 years ago. And of course my Go Dawgs football I got off Etsy, Woof!Woof!
My mantel was one of the first things I decorated for fall this year and my favorite spot. nothing is really new this year, my sunflower wreath and orange flowers came from Walmart.com, the cute burlap banner came from Etsy. My pumpkin plate came from Home goods last year and the basket with fake pumpkins was a gift from my parents I got a work when I had a hard week XOXO No fire yet though in the fireplace!


Hubby said for sure I got Halloween candy but I nope, they actually sell fall candy! Yum! I picked up some Reece's and Kit Kat and tied a pretty yellow ribbon around the candy jar and some pretty fall leaves.
I recently showed a pic of my new fall leaf blanket, but I wanted to show a wider view of our couch when its clean. I have my Happy Fall  Y'all Pillow and my brown Harvest pillow.
 This pretty brown and gold harvest pillow came from Kirkland's and the blanket was a gift from Gigi when we first moved it, love the warm colors in it.
I believe I shared this pic before, my home made Pumpkin Spice Girls decal in our bedroom, but I recently added some pretty orange flowers from Walmart on each side of the fireplace, I am going to keep these up until Xmas!
An oldie but a goodie!
This Target wreath Mom gave me is at least 5 years old but has held up great and I continue to love it!
If you caught my Instastories last week I gave a tour of our kitchen décor, this cute little table belonged to my Granny and PawPaw, I added the same Lakeside Collection table mats that are on the dining room table with a basked Hubby picked up for me from Goodwill filled with some fruit and pumpkins. The rug came from Walmart last year.
A different view, I keep the cushions up during the day cause its a favorite place for PK to hang out and it gets cat hair everywhere!
I don't show this kitchen desk often cause its just embarrassing, its a drop zone for a lot of things, but I did straighten it up so I could add this cute fall tray.
I found this tray for $5 off Ebay and added my smell good Harry Potter candle
Another cute and under $10 pillow case I got off Ebay, it does look a little Halloweenish with the spider web, but I promise its the only thing I have out yet, but the Halloween countdown will be on next week!
As I mentioned a few times on the blog, my sweet friend's Marc service was this past Saturday. It was very nice, I cried and laughed. He was in his Ohio State jersey which is no shock. His family was so kind to me and they all looked alike, especially his nephew who was also the Pastor doing the service, I swear it was Marc's twin. The service was totally politically incorrect, Marc said "don't be a snowflake!!". There were Hillary Clinton jokes told as well as University of Michigan ones, I was cracking up! Marc's language was gift giving to show his love, so Saturday night I made this yummy Perfect Apple Pound Cake from Anita at Far Above Rubies. I recently found her blog and love it! It's refreshing to see a blogger who is unique, love her style and a nice break from the same everyday granite pictures on Instagram. Don't get me wrong granite is beautiful, but not in everyone's budget!
Here is her easy recipe:

Perfect Apple Pound Cake

3 cups All-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup applesauce or stewed apples
5 eggs
1/4 cup orange juice or mixed fruit juice (apple/grape/cranberry)
3 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 Tbs. baking powder
5 Tbs. sugar
2 Tbs. cinnamon
3 medium apples peeled and sliced (I use golden delicious)

In large bowl combine all ingredients except last three. In a small bowl, combine the 5 Tbs. sugar and 2 Tbs. cinnamon. 

Pour 1/3 batter into a greased (I use butter)  Bundt pan.
Layer half the apples, and sprinkle with half the cinnamon sugar mixture
Repeat, ending with batter on top.
Bake at 350 for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, depending on your oven.
Cool before turning out onto
a cake plate.


At Marc's request, the last song played was What A  Wonderful World, perfect for him, cause he made the world more wonderful XOXO 



No comments:

Post a Comment