Monday, July 24, 2017

Pre K, Birthday Parites, and Hot Tomato Grits

Greetings everyone!! My family is back from a wonderful beach vacation at Panama City! We had a great time and I can't wait to share with you all of our adventures! So lets dive into some things that have been going on around here, one the things I am most excited about...
 A DECREASE in our daycare monthly payment!!!
Yes friends, after 5 years we finally got a good discount in our monthly payment since Taylor is starting Pre K next week, OH HAPPY DAY!!!
 You know you are married to a math teacher when he keeps notes on how to solve his Rubik's cube XOXO
 Although I am TOTALLY jealous of my Hubby when he get 2 months off during this summer, I can only wish!!
But one of the benefits of me working and him being off during July is he gets to take Taylor to her annual dentist visit...Eek!!
As you might imagine with a 4 year old, she does not like this!! It scares her and she gets REALLY upset :-( But its one of the things that has to be done and lucky Hubby takes her. Her last visit went ok, she did score some awesome star sunglasses!
She is still my super star even if she gets upset at the dentist XOXO
 Before vacation we had 2 pool birthday parties to go to at the same pool...SCORE!
Our sweet neighbor Emily and our other neighbor Harlow both had fun parties!
 All the kids enjoyed some pizza, Goldfish, grapes and Capri Sun!
 A fun gator float, we are Gator Haters!
 Taylor and me playing in the pool!
 Happy Birthday cookie cake, yum!
 Both girls got these adorable sand buckets from Harlow's party, they were filled with glow sticks, Skittles, and sand shovels, so cute!! Thanks Becca!
 Are you a grits lover like me? Then stop right now and go get the ingredients listed below to make this dish ASAP, its that good! My favorite blogger Dixie Delights shared these on her blog, her Mother, a Savannah native makes these every Saturday and I can see why!

Hot Tomato Grits
2 slices bacon, chopped
2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 stick butter
1 cup quick cook grits
2 large ripe tomatoes, chipped
2 T. canned chopped green chilies
1 cup (or more!) shredded cheddar cheese

Cook chopped bacon in a heavy saucepan until crisp.  Gradually add broth then add salt and butter; bring to a boil.  Stir in grits, tomatoes, and chilies; Return to a boil stirring often.  Reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes.  Stir in cheese; cover and let stand 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Along with some cheese grits we also enjoyed some of Paula Deen's Banana Pudding, oh yeah its good!
  I am really not much of shorts person, I mostly wear dresses and skirts but I have been following Erin on Cotton Stem and she recommended these super comfy American Eagle shorts and she was right, they are so soft! Its like a pair of pajama pants except shorts! They are ripped up, I kind of felt like I was little old for them but I let they go and enjoyed that they are the perfect weekend shorts for me! The tee and shoes also came from American Eagle!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment