Thursday, July 14, 2016

Vegetable Salad & sweet smiles

I've never been much of a veggie lover, I defiantly prefer fruit and chocolate :-) But they are good for so when I saw this veggie salad on Southern Plate:
http://www.southernplate.com/ 
It looked really good and easy, perfect for summer! It's super easy and pretty cheap, especially when you let it sit in the fridge over night, a great side dish!

Granny Jordan's Vegetable Salad
 
Ingredients
  • ¾ cup white vinegar
  • ½ cup vegetable or olive oil
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 15 ounce can small green peas, drained
  • 14.5 ounce can French style green beans, drained
  • 2 - 11 ounce cans sweet or shoepeg corn, drained
  • 1 cup diced celery
  • 1 cup diced bell pepper
  • 1 cup diced onion
  • 2 ounce jar diced pimentos, drained
Instructions
  1. Combine the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, and pepper in a small saucepan and bring just to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
  2. Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl and pour vinegar mixture over all, stirring to coat. Cover and chill for eight hours or until thoroughly chilled. Serve with a slotted spoon.

 Honestly, it really doesn't taste like veggies with the added sugar it has a nice sweet taste to it!

Taylor had a check up last week and is in great health! Daddy and her came by my office with some Chick Fil A for lunch, a fun lunch break!
I love Saturday morning when we don't have to rush around getting ready to go anywhere, just being able to play around in our pajamas!
Daddy found these shoes in Nicole's closet, how cute!!
Nicole is really building up some leg strength standing up, she loves to pull her self up and play!
My new beach hat from Etsy came in this week, and look who got it first!
You probably saw this week was the 15 year anniversary of the movie Legally Blonde, it's still one of my favorites! I have watched it so many times and reminds me of my little dog Gizmo. He would sit in my lap and watch this movie with me before kids, when I had a chance to sit down and watch a movie! Its a great message about always having faith in yourself.
Get ready, here I come!
It no wonder I am never on time for anything, getting ready in the morning is a challenge, especially with a little rascal handing on your ankles!
You know its going to be a good day when this is  your breakfast :-)


 






 







No comments:

Post a Comment