Monday, July 25, 2016

Popeye, yummy burgers & biscuits

Greetings everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend, we just came back from Panama City on a lovely beach vacation with my family. I can't wait to share our adventures this week! But today I wanted to show you just how alike my silly girls are. Hubby took Nicole to the store and got this cute pic:
 I think she looks like Popeye! Look at that mouth! Her big sister did the same pose at her age:
I can't even express how much I love this!!
Speaking of how much I love stuff, hubby grilled these delicious cheese burgers from a blog recipe and it turned out fantastic!
I saw this on Dixie Delights, she always has great food recommendations. This recipe is cheap and easy! She calls them Best Burgers, here is the recipe, it will not disappoint!:

Best Burgers (makes 8)
2 lbs ground beef
1/2 cup Duke’s mayo
1 pouch Lipton Onion Soup mix
8 buns with sesame seeds
tomatoes, thickly sliced
Palmetto Cheese pimento cheese
arugula
  • Gently mix the ground beef, mayo and soup mix.  Form into 8 patties.
  • Grill (we use big green egg)
  • Top with tomatoes, pimento cheese and arugula
It seems like I am always finding new things I like about where we live in Cumming, one of them is Guy's Biscuit Barn! Hubby found it, its an old barn the owners turned into a restaurant and they make fresh biscuits every day. I love the butter biscuit with jelly!
Hubby enjoyed the bacon and egg biscuit
I just love places like this, so unique with a lot of history, if you are ever in Cumming, check out Guy's! They are located at:
30028, 1810 Dr Bramblett Rd, Cumming, GA 30028
Before we left for vacation the girls had a fun baseball theme day at school. They got to play with balls and gloves and watched a real game! They came decked out in their Braves gear!
The new Lilly P catalog arrived last week, there are some many great things I saw, but this caught my eye for sure:
While at the store the other week I picked up some of these nature candies, AKA cherries! They are so sweet and juicy!
It reminded me of the Mark Twain quote, "Why not go out on a limb, that's where the fruit is"
Love it!
Along with the cherries I picked up another one of my favorites from Publix, they make a yummy olive and feta cheese salad,its so good and has no olive seeds in it!
And last but not least, I saw this last night and just had to share!! If you are like me and are married to a teacher and/or have teacher friends, you know what I am talking about! The last week of July usually means school will be starting up again and posts about school starting again. Don't get me wrong, I have much respect and love for teachers, but when your vacation is 2 weeks out of a year and your spouse get 2 months out of a year, you can understand my no complains about going to work rule I issued at my house :-) Yup, I am jealous of the teacher schedule for sure!!





 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment