Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Omma's dress, a bubble blower and yummy pulled pork

I've been fortunate to have women on both sides of my family who know how to sew. And not just a pocket, I am talking about beautiful curtains and dresses. I wish this was something I can do, hopefully one day I will learn! I would love a monogramming machine, I would go nuts making cute dresses for the girls. But until then I want to show you the beautiful dress Omma made for the 4th of July 3 years ago!
Look at that pretty face!! She is such a cutie! What is even better is Omma originally made the dress for Taylor, here is a side by side!
Our All American Girls XOXO
Thank you Omma for the beautiful outfit!
I found this awesome bubble blower on Walmart.com and Taylor has loved it! So much that she used the entire solution of bubbles in one day! Its light weight and makes tons of bubbles, it just needs 3 AA batteries and then fun begins!
A bubble blower, YEAH!!
Look at that face, she is loving this thing!
 I'm not the world's best cook, a lot of nights during the week its all I can do to put a microwave meal on the table. But since we had some extra time this weekend I wanted to try a pulled pork recipe from one of my favorite blogs Dixie Delight! It's called a BBQ Sundae and it was so good! Here is what you will need to enjoy:
 
-2 cans of bakes beans
-Cole slaw
-Hands down never had better crock pot BBQ (recipe below)
-Jar of bread and butter pickles
 
I picked up all the ingredients at Walmart. This is a 4 LB piece of pork, we pot in in the crock-pot with some water and salt and pepper for 6 hours on low.
The last hour we prepared the sauce which was:
-1 can tomato sauce
-12 oz bottle of chili sauce
-sweet onion
-1/2 cup of vinegar
-1/4 cup of brown sugar
-1/4 butter
-1/4 cup lemon juice
-2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
-1/2 tsp dry mustard
-1/2 tsp chili powder
-1/2 tsp paprika
This is what the pork looked like after it had been in the crock pot for several hours, then we added the sauce and let it simmer for an hour
Once it was ready I pulled out my Mason Jars and started layering up!
I put the baked beans on the bottom, then a layer of coleslaw, then the pulled pork. Don't forget to top with pickles if you like them!!
I paired it with some yummy corn on the cob and an ice cold bottle of Coke, perfect meal!
For a little extra flavor we added some delicious Johnny Harris BBQ Sauce direct from Savannah, GA!
At this point I was defiantly thinking I needed to put my maternity pants on. I picked up this ready made Mrs. Smith's Apple Pie for dessert. What is the 4th of July without apple pie?!
Yup, its for sure, I need those stretchy pants!! I love making new meals when they come out good!



 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment