Monday, February 22, 2016

A weekend of celebration

Happy Monday, this weekend seemed to go by so quickly but it was tons of fun! Lets jump right into it! Friday night we had our Family Movie Night, this weeks Disney movie was Bambi! Don't worry no deer meat was served but Thumper's Carrot Cake was! I found a camouflage table runner from oriental trading, a stuffed Bambi doll from Ebay and a necklace from Etsy. All very cheap! Taylor seemed to really like the movie, she laughed a lot. Of course there was the sad part when Bambi's Mom dies (as in every Disney movie, see ya Mom and Dad!). At the end when Bambi was standing on the rock it reminded me a lot of The Lion King, when Simba takes his place in the circle of life.
Here is a close up of the cute necklace, I think we will share!
Did you know you can cook a cake on broil and it taste good? The bottom part of our oven has not been working but the broiler is so I cooked it low and slow and came out delish! I found these little deer heads at oriental trading too, I thought they would go good with the Bambi theme.
Taylor loved her Bambi stuffed animal and was excited when the movie started!
On Saturday, lucky Taylor got to go to the circus with Omma, Poppie, Ryder and Avery! Omma got all the grands tickets for their Christmas present, Taylor was excited! I found this cute circus dress off Etsy and we had this lion from Zoo Atlanta.
Here they all are before the show, they are ready to see all the animals!

Thanks Omma & Poppie for taking Taylor, she loved every moment!
While Taylor was at the circus, my husband watched Nicole and my Mom drove all the way from Columbus to meet me at Phipps Plaza and boy did we have a good time! We first enjoyed some lunch a Johnny Rockets then got some adorable cloths from my favorite Lilly Pulitzer, Happy Birthday to me!
A cute little jute box at the bar!
2 cherry chocolate milkshakes please & an order of cheddar fries!
Girl time is the best!
Next stop, Lilly P!! I mean who doesn't want to fit into a form fitted dress after milkshakes, fries and patty melts?!
Oh my gracious, check out the cute dressing rooms!
Thanks to my awesome parents, check out the items we scored! How lucky am I?!
We had a wonderful time but the best part by far was getting to spend the afternoon with my Mom, she is THE BEST! After shopping we headed over to my in-laws house, my sweet MIL prepared a lovely dinner of lasagna, garlic bread and the yummiest chocolate mousse you have ever had!
On top of all that she creates the most beautiful tablescapes, here is her Valentine one, isn't it lovely?
I can't say enough how much appreciate all the cards, presents, food and well wishes for my birthday. I am blessed beyond what I deserve, 35 will be greatXOXO















1 comment:

  1. As I'm reading this, I'm having a serious craving for a milkshake from Johnny Rockets! I treasure our time spent together,so much fun just being "girls"for a couple of hours, and as always, "family" is the gift that keeps on giving!

    ReplyDelete