Friday, January 26, 2018

My Hygge Home

Happy Friday everyone! I have been really excited about this post, taking pictures around the house of items that make me feel comfort. Lately around Instagram I have been seeing some of my favorite accounts talking about Hygge, its a concept on coziness and comfort. What really drew me to it, it doesn't cost a dime! It just things already in your house that bring a feeling of comfort to you and your family.
The other night I went around taking pictures in my house of things that bring me comfort, I would also love to hear what brings you happiness and comfort in your home!
Candles!!
I love candles, I think this love comes directly from my Mom, she loves candles too!
They come in all different scents, colors and prices but all gave off the same soft glow.
I like coming home after work and lighting candles and having some going when guests come over. This particular candle is new, my sweet friend Katie gave me a Kohl's gift card and I thought having a nice candle would make doing dished better. This one is a wood wick and sounds like a fire burning!!
I also try to match my candles with my seasonal décor. For example around Xmas it was lots of green and red candles burning and for January/winter, I like the winter white look.
Twinkle lights!
No matter what time of the year, twinkle lights are always a great addition. Maybe a summer patio at night, around a Christmas tree or warm white looks great around a mirror. I hung these up in our bedroom with some white ribbon on each side. They also make a great night light!
Books & Devotionals!
This is a wonderful daily devotional I got from my cousin Melissa, I have had it for almost 2 years and enjoy it almost every day. Simple, short and heart felt.
Melissa is a wonderful nurse, she gifted me with this book and a few other things 2 years ago while Hubby was in the hospital, she has a heart of gold!
Pictures and pintables!
Little pintables around the house as small reminders :-)
Blankets!
I think everyone loves having a soft blanket to cuddle up with, I try to keep lots of them in baskets and on our couches. Especially if you some people in your family are easily hot it helps to keep the cold natured people happy to!
More candles around the house, these butternut scented snowflake candles came from Lakeside Collection, so cute in a little Mason jar!
Rugs!
Hardwood floors have a lot of perks, I love using rugs to soften them up some especially in spots where you do a lot of standing. This new rug came from Walmart, I thought the dark reds would go great in our kitchen!
I hope you enjoyed this little hygge post!
I think its important to have things in your home no matter how little or cheap that bring you comfort after a busy day!
Enjoy the weekend!!



1 comment: