Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Memorial Day

It was so wonderful to have a relaxing long weekend to celebrate and remember all those who serve on Memorial Day weekend! I saw so many posts from people who are proud and thankful Americans. We have been given so much and are truly blessed. We spent the weekend at my parents who live in Columbus, GA. It was a lot of fun and HOT! Summer is here, especially in west GA! Here are some pics of all the fun and food we enjoyed together!
Just like me, my Mom loves The Swan Coach House, we have celebrated many wedding and baby showers there and absolutely LOVE their food! One of their most famous dishes if their frozen fruit salad and my Mom re-created it for us. It was filled with yummy strawberries, blueberries and cream. For an extra touch she put it into her beautiful Country Rose dish collection, so pretty!
Look at that face, she looks just like her Daddy when I ask him to cut the grass!
I was so excited when I found these matching patriotic dress at Walmart, they were $8 each...SCORE! I hope I can use them on the 4th of July too! Nicole is sitting on my parents dock, my Mom has it decorated so pretty, I just love these American Flag Buntings!
Summer time means swimsuit time, eek for me but Taylor looked adorable! I said can I take a picture and she did this pose all on her own! I KNOW I am going to have my hands FULLER then I already do with this girl!
Taylor is getting bigger and braver every swim seasons, she put on her life jacket and jumped into the lake with Granddaddy! She was laughing and crying all at the same time, I want to get out, I want to get in!!
Just look at that little, kissable, squeezable face, I can never get enough of it XOXO
Sittin on the dock of the lake, fishing with her Paw Patrol fishing pole, my sweet girl :-)
Isn't this what the good life is all about?! Gigi and Taylor waving at the boat's going by!
I just love these hanging lights going into my parents dock, they really sparkle at night!
My Dad made us some delicious home made vanilla ice cream and my Mom set up a cute little ice cream platter, the perks of going home!
We took an evening boat ride around Lake Oliver, Taylor had a blast but Nicole, lets just say it was not the highlight of our trip. She screamed the entire time! So much for a relaxing boat ride!
But even with all the screaming we were able to enjoy a beautiful sunset, my favorite time of the day!
We picked up s bucket of Popeye's fried chicken and had lunch by Columbus' famous river walk. Its a walking trail that runs along side The Chattahoochee River. There are all kinds of things to enjoy like white water rafting, zip lining and yummy restaurants along the river. We stayed under this bridge for some shade, summer was alive and well in Columbus!
I've said this before but my Mom's house could be in the next issue of Better Homes and Garden's, she has always been such a great decorator. She is working on an update for her garage now, I hope to share pics from it soon! Right now she has this lovely patriotic bench and pillow on her from porch. Taylor adds to the cuteness! I just LOVE this pillow, I want one of my own!
My husband found a lizard to taunt Taylor with, isn't that what Dad's do best?!
We closed out the weekend with a delish all American lunch, Clearview BBQ, chips and a Coke, what could be better except the .99 cent price tag!! It was worth every penny! I feel refreshed after a long weekend, a big thanks to my parents and brother who made it so much fun and my Mom for watching Nicole so I could get some extra sleep, get my eyebrows done and run to Michael's!! It's great to live in THE BEST COUNTRY on Earth, thank you to all who have served!









 




1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful family weekend in every way.... thanks & honoring all who serve for making these memories possible! Our country & our families are blessed beyond words, proud to be an American~

    ReplyDelete