Friday, June 24, 2016

Simple Joys

I usually only write about one simple joys post a week, but since this week has kind of been crazy caring for my husband and going back to work I had some more I wanted to share. And who doesn't love more JOY?!
Sometimes when life gets hard you wonder where God is, and you ask for His help, its hard but I believe you most keep finding the joy and happiness life has to offer. Especially when we have been given so much be happy about :-)
 
Let's be honest, its not much fun getting up and getting ready for work everyday, I would much rather sleep late and hang around in my PJ's, but getting to see this smiling face while a get ready makes my morning!! RISE and SMILE!
Like so many others I LOVE my Time-hop app, especially when it pulls up old pictures of Taylor. Since both my girls are September babies I can use all of Taylor's cloths for Nicole and of course a side by side comparison is a must! Both girls at 9 months old.
 I could never say enough great things about the ICU staff at Northside Forsyth Hospital. The way the cared for my husband and my family outshines anything I have ever seen. By far the best nursing staff, they saved my husband's life and for that I will forever be thankful. So what's up with a pimento cheese sandwich?! One of our favorite nurses, Patrice, owns a lovely restaurant in Johns Creek called Never Enough Thyme. We stopped by these this week and I ordered the special grilled pimento cheese sandwich. I have to say it was THE BEST pimento cheese I ever had. It was so cheesy, warm, and yummy, I could have eaten 3 more. If you live near there, try it out, you will LOVE it!
To say Father's Day didn't exactly go as planned this year would be an understatement :-) But hubby is a great Daddy and I had a few special gifts for him, my first Vineyard Vines purchase! The box was beautifully wrapped and he really likes how comfy the shirt is. He said all the middle schoolers wear it...was that an insult?!
The backside of our house is our main entrance, so over the years I've been trying to make it prettier. A recent visit to my Mom's house inspired me to purchase this metal piece from Hobby Lobby, I took this pic in the evening so its a little dark but I really like it. I just screwed it in. I hope I can do a post about the garage door make over my Mom did, you will LOVE it!
One of the biggest blessings we have received since my hubby has been in hospital is the out pouring of meals. This act of kindness has helped me so much. Coming home to dinner after work is one less thing I have to do, and right now that helps BIG TIME. My sweet cousin Mindy not only picked my girls up for me, she baked her Grandmother O'Brien's caramel cake and boy is it good!! You can't beat a homemade cake, unless it comes with a....
Homemade lasagna!! Mindy didn't stop with a cake, she made the Pioneer Woman's lasagna and it was the best ever! Do you love cheese? Do you love meat? Well this is for YOU!! It's layer on layer of goodness!
Biscuit's and gravy is one of my all time favorite meals and having it served a Cracker Barrel just makes it better. The people there are so sweet, the food and great and I love the country store, I picked up a Yankee Candle on my way out!
This is one of my favorite songs I never hear!! The day my momma socked it to, the Harper Valley PTA!!!
I have been seeing this Starbucks Pink Drink all over Instagram so I wanted to give it a try and its great! Strawberries and Coconut Milk, so refreshing and pretty!
My smiley sweetheart XOXO
My favorite to go meal called Lemon Poppy Seed Chicken from Never Enough Thyme, just pop it in the over and enjoy, its delicious!
Friday means its water day at school for Taylor! They plant outside in their bathing suits and a snow cone truck comes around!
This entire process with my hubby and his hurting back have caused a range of emotions, one of them is I feel overwhelmed with all I need to do and something as common as a flat tire can really stress me out. That's when you find you have the best friends ever. They come bringing food and love, helping anyway they can. I am truly grateful for all their love. Enjoy the weekend!



 

 

 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment