Friday, April 20, 2018

Kitchen Mantel

Happy Friday Peeps!!
Right?!
Over the weekend I got to work on a really fun kitchen project thanks to my Mom and it started off with this beautiful mantel she picked up at her local thrift store. I had texted her a pic of a kitchen mantel I saw on Instagram that was cute and she found one just like it!
Of course most of the men in my family thought this was crazy, but they just don't have the creative spirit!! Here is kind of my before pic where I had my red shelf of pictures.
Not a huge move but I love it!! I just shifted this red shelf over in the other corner to make room for the mantel. I even added some photo frames I had on the wall behind the white plates, love the look!
And here is the finished look!!
I absolutely love it, perfect for the wall!! A huge thanks to my Mom for the mantel I could not have done it without her help!!
The beautiful painting came from my Grandmother's friend, I love it!!
What I love must about this project is other then the mantel everything else I used to decorate it with was already in my house. I bought nothing new (cause I don't have any money!!) and it still came out great. A good reminder to shop your home, closet and pantry before you shop!
And the last kitchen update is this sliding screen door Hubby put up for me from Home Depot for $50 I think. The best air....is FREEE AIR!!!!
So while we are enjoying cooler temps in GA my free air is keeping us cool.
Now come June.....the door will be closed :-)
Have a great weekend!








1 comment:

  1. The mantel looks great.... I love your creative spirit!!

    ReplyDelete