Monday, November 20, 2017

Atlanta Botanical Gardens, Christmas Kitchen and Donuts

When I took Wednesday off to attend the girls Thanksgiving parties, we ended up finishing around 1 PM, enough time for me to surprise them with a trip to The Atlanta Botanical Gardens to see the Christmas trains!!
Having a day off during the week is a treasure so I try to make the most of the time I have, I think this is our 3rd time going to the trains, one year Uncle G even went with us!
It ended up being a beautiful fall day here in GA, perfect to walk around the gardens in, as you can see they already had their garland out, as well as their gorgeous Christmas décor in lights. Side note, the ABG are NOT CHEAP. Its a special treat to get in and kids don't get much of a discount.
Once we got into the gate we stopped by the family restroom, these things are wonderful and I wish every place had them!! A very nice lady offered to take our pic...cheese!!
There are loads of lights to see in the gardens, and frogs!
The girls loved this pond and the big white lights in the background
This is defiantly the coolest and prettiest tree I have ever seen, its totally pink!!
Did Lilly P plant this?!
So many pretty poinsettias!
The poinsettia tree
They had these cute gingerbread cut outs, great for pictures!
These trains are so neat to watch!
All these trains are so detailed and festive
Train crossing ahead!
Fun filled day with my girls!


Here is the beautiful fountain outside the gardens.

We all had a great time together, I am so thankful for days like these!
Now for some Christmas décor in our kitchen!
This colorful tree use to be in our loft, but I purchased a new one this year and moved this one into the kitchen corner and love it! It fits perfectly and really makes the room feel cozy.
I got this cute camper from Home Goods last year and this drift wood Santa was a gift from Aunt Sue. I also took down my white pumpkins and put pieces of my Christmas village on the red shelves. My Aunt Judy gave me her collection, Aunts are the best!!
I used my blanket scarf as the tree skirt, its was like $5 bucks from Walmart and I love the plaid.
Have you been by Dunkin Donuts lately? If not you should because they have the holiday flavors out! These 2 are gingerbread and sugar cookie, the plate is from World Market.
The girls fighting with each other has seemed to really increase lately!
I think its a mixture of Nicole starting to talk more, their ages and both are strong willed for sure!
But with that their sweetness and love for each other has gotten stronger, there is no one else Nicole wants to be more like this Taylor, she wants to do everything Taylor does & everyday they see each at pick up, they get so excited. And sometimes they let me take a cute pic like the one above XOXO





No comments:

Post a Comment