Friday, May 11, 2018

Planting flowers. Cinco De Mayo/Coco Movie Night & Shelf Cooking

Happy Friday Friends!!! Everyone ready for a fun weekend?! I know everyone around me here at work has packed schedules, lots of end of the year activities and Mother's Day coming up!! If you remember Santa surprised the girls with a new play house after the swing set blew away, this weekend we planting some pretty flowers I wanted to share:
Daddy and Taylor went by Walmart and got some flowers and potting soil, each girl got a window box to plant in!
We don't have much of a green thumb but hopefully these flowers will make it thru the summer!!
Right after Star Wars Day was Cinco de Mayo and we watched the super cute Coco movie!! I ordered some nachos and churros from our location Mexican restaurant. Check out that inflatable cactus my Aunt Judy gave me!!
We are a cheese dip loving family, its so good, the girls especially love it when I put the chips in my big sombrero!!
Coco was not too sure about that big cactus, but Taylor loved it!!
Even cuter then the movie Coco, our own Coco!!
If you follow me on Instagram or Jordan at Fun Cheap or Free then you know about her May shelf cooking challenge! Basically its saving money by using what you already have in the pantry/fridge and cooking with that until its used up instead buying new recipes every week. Its fun and saves money! Here is one of my meals, I had all the topping in my fridge and thought, these would all go on a baked potato. Welcome to dinner!
Another one I did straight from Jordan was tuxedo soup which is sour cream, pasta, canned tomatoes, canned green beans, canned chicken, chicken broth and some lemon. I pretty much already had all this and just put in a crock pot until the pasta is cooked and dinner is served! Check on the #shelfcookingchallenge and try it, I think you will be surprised about all the stuff you already have and you can save some money!!!
Have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment