Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Valentine Chest & Tamale Casserole

If you are like me with little ones, you are probably spending Valentine's Day Eve prepping for your kids parties tomorrow. After about 2 hours on Saturday I pumped out about 45 Valentines for Nicole and Taylor's party tomorrow, but I got it done so Mom Win!
There are some restrictions these days on what you can bring into the classroom like not nuts, etc for kids with allergies. So I thought whoopee cushions are always safe!!
I got these from Oriental Trading Company and the super cute tags from my favorite blogger, Dixie Delights. She always has THE BEST ideas for kids, I think these will be a blast!
For Nicole's class I ordered some heart shaped suckers and tied them with a little card that says have a sweet valentine's day, these tags also came from Dixie Delights!
I decorated our loft chest with lots of dark red and pink! The cute heart banner came from Ebay and the Love banner came from Walmart that I hung over the mirror.
I moved my snowmen from the mantel to upstairs cause they say love, what is more prefect for Valentine's Day?! I also used my red charger that I put a P decal on.
This cute light up love sign also came from Walmart!
Although its not the prettiest picture, this dish is AWESOME!
We have been eating on it for 3 days now!
I saw the recipe on Jordan's Instagram story, FunCheapOrFree, she is awesome to follow if you don't already. She got it from The Food Nanny Cookbook, its super good!!
Ingredients
3/4 cup cold water
1/2 pound ground beef or turkey
1/2 onion chopped
1/2 green bell pepper chopped
1 cup canned corn, drained
8 oz can tomato sauce
1/4 cup chopped black olives
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chilli powder
2 dashes of cumin
1 cup cheddar
sour cream for topping

Tamale Corn Meal Topping
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
1 tablespoon butter

Instructions
1. Preheat over 350
2. Cook meat then add onion and green peppers
3. Add tomato sauce, corn. olives, salt, chili powder and cumin, Add 3/4 cup water and simmer for 15  min. Add cheese until its melted
3. Pour into 8 x 8 baking dish

Prepare the topping
4. In a saucepan on top of the stove place 3/4 cup cold water, salt and corn meal. Stir and bring to a boil until thick.
5. Take off hear and add butter then spread over top of casserole.
Enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. Your girls are so lucky to have you as their mom... such sweet memories!!

    ReplyDelete