Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Halloween Home Tour Part 1

With a new month and new holiday comes new decorations, yeah!! I've been slowly putting up my Halloween decorations since October 1, I have some items I am waiting to arrive in the mail but I wanted to share what I have done so far. Enjoy...if you dare!!
We see the back of our house more then the front! So I try spreading out my decor on both sides. I purchased these ghosts from Walmart 2 years ago and they are still hanging tough!! I added a little pumpkin and hung up a Happy Halloween sign under our address...BOO!!
I switched out my clear twinkle lights for some orange ones thanks to Hubby's idea and it looks great!! It only took me a few minutes but looks awesome at night!! I plan on leaving them on all month.
I am loving these new BOO pillows I got from Lakeside Collection, I put them on my front porch and they fit perfectly on the rocker!! Perfect for greeting trick or treaters!! Now I just have to remember to put them up when it rains!
On the other side of the porch we have a singe rocking chair and old bar stool Hubby cut into a side table for me. I printed this scary hand and put it in a cheap Walmart black frame, I put it by our candy bowl, it says please take one....SPOOKY!!
Taylor is getting big enough that she can help me with decorating and she seems to enjoy it! I got some $1 decals at Walmart for the girls bathroom mirrors. Taylor hung up all the ghosts and pumpkins!
Look closely but don't get scared, its a huge spider web hanging on our shower!! I told Hubby he needed to clean more often!!
I am loving how the Boo mantle turned out!! I've hung up these letters for years, even in our old townhouse, this year though I added a cute pumpkin wreath to the fireplace screen and I really like how it turned out! I saw it on Instagram and thought, I should do that! I found the wreath at Walmart for $16. I also put up our friendly ghost and purple scary cat.
I found this pumpkin calendar last year on PotteryBarn.com, he has a little pocket for everyday on October and I printed out fun activities for us to do. Some have spooky smores, read a scary book and visit a pumpkin patch, fun!
I got this beautiful crystal cake plate as a wedding gift and have found so many uses for it. I put this sparkly haunted house next to our coffee maker. I also used my new mug I found at Home Goods, it says we all scream for caffeine!
Also in our scary kitchen are the Halloween cereals I have loved since I was little! Boo Berry, Frankenberry and Count Chocula are ready for breakfast! I labeled them with chalkboard labels, I am thinking I will add a pretty black and orange ribbon around the top this weekend. I have them next to my Halloween plate I scored at Home Goods, love all the skeleton heads!
Our front porch is still a work in progress but here is what I have up so far. The Trick or Treat banner fits perfect across the opening, I got it from Pottery Barn last year. The inflatable black cat is new this year, Taylor picked him out from Walmart. And of course my trust pumpkin, he turns 10 this year!! Although his light burned out he is still one of my favorites!! I hope you enjoyed our Halloween Tour, I have more coming soon!! Don't get scared now!










No comments:

Post a Comment