Friday, March 18, 2016

Simple Joys

TGIF everyone!! It was a busy and fun week with St. Patrick's Day, and now its time to pull out the Easter decor! We have a birthday party & Easter Bunny to visit this weekend, & egg hunts next week but here are some small things this week that made me happy, and it's the small things that count right?!
If you have not tried Chick fil A's new Iced Coffee stop reading this blog now and drive to your nearest CFA and pick one up, its that good!! I could have downed 2 but I held myself back. Defiantly planning on picking up another this weekend for the hubby & me :-)
This is my kind of breakfast, Taylor had this cinnamon roll for breakfast and I ate most of it!
Have I mentioned I love sweets? Especially green sweets on St. Patrick's Day, I was feeling LUCKY!
For St. Patrick's Dinner I did my usual Shepard's Pie but this year, thanks to one of my favorite blogs, I added ketchup and brown gravy to the meat, boy did it add some yummy flavor!! And you can't beat potato's and cheese. We also enjoyed some brownie's and Andie's mint sprinkles. The bottom part of our oven broke so only the broiler works, so it left these brownies a little gooey...but we found this is not a bad thing...YUM!!!! Can you see that cute little leprechaun in my back seat?!
The time change doesn't bother me and this cutie, when you don't sleep an entire night its no big deal right?! I saw that as I am on my second energy drink for the day.
As a true southern girl I am trying to improve my cooking skills, especially friend chicken. One of my favorite blogs Southern Plate posted this yummy and easy recipe and I have to say, it came out really good, we dipped them in Kick Back Sauce AKA ketchup/mayo/black pepper and enjoyed, here is the recipe if you want to try it:

Ranch Fried Chicken Tenders
 
Author:
Ingredients
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 package (1 ounce) dry Ranch Dressing Mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
  • vegetable oil, for frying
Instructions
  1. Pour oil to a depth of about ¼ inch and place over medium - medium high heat while you prepare the chicken.
  2. Stir together flour and ranch dressing mix in a shallow bowl.
  3. Crack eggs into a separate bowl and beat well with a fork.
  4. Dip each piece of chicken into eggs to coat, then dredge in flour mixture on both sides.
  5. Check the oil to see if it is hot enough (see pro tips in post on how to do this) and reduce heat to medium.
  6. Place breaded chicken pieces into the oil a few at a time, being careful not to overcrowd the skillet. Cook until browned on both sides and no longer pink in the center, turning as needed.

And last but not least, my baby girl turned 6 months old today. People ask me if it has gone by fast, and to be honest (with out sounding like a total downer) not really!! Let's be real, not sleeping for 6 months gets to a parent. But I know one day I will look back and think I wish I was holding my baby again. She is so sweet and kissable, she is my little angel XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment